The Colleen Mauer Designs Sales Manager is the organized and authentic representative that ensures our business is being seen and loved in the world. They are an expert at building excitement in and relationships with current and new wholesale partner businesses and potential partner businesses, from our sophisticated museum buyers to our everyday, brilliant customers. We would love to hire someone in or around the San Francisco Bay Area, LA, NY, Chicago, or who has access to a big, beautiful city.
This person is passionate about the natural, classic beauty we all possess. This person is an ever-grounded, flexible doer who takes pride in building and keeping our customer relationships and customer data management systems operating seamlessly; a detail-oriented self-starter who can balance multi-tasking with following through. We are looking for an individual who will partner with Colleen and our writing team to create new connections and nurture our community through marketing messages on social media, in the news, via all kinds of press, and through creative communications initiatives.
About us: Colleen Mauer Designs is a small jewelry design company founded in 2001 by industrial designer Colleen Mauer. Each piece in the CMD collection is handcrafted with special care by a team of production artists in San Francisco and upstate New York. Our collections are sold throughout the United States and abroad, and because our clients have varied styles, we pride ourselves on creating jewelry that can be appreciated by all walks of life. To support that, we take special care to create a working team of exceptionally creative, caring, hard working people who are committed to impeccable service.
We are growing in spades, so a career at CMD is an opportunity to make a meaningful impact, to learn, and to take pride in your contributions. The right person will grow the business (and their income!) by leaps and bounds just by doing a great job.
As our Sales Manager, you do not need to know about jewelry production before you start, but you need to be a quick learner, able to jump in and become well-versed in our design process and about all of our products, and to be enthusiastic about sharing that information and our story with our customers and potential customers.
This job is for someone who wants to create new relationships, systems, and other imaginative ways for us to expand our reach beyond our already beloved, growing audience. People who don’t take initiative, are not outgoing, not flexible, not open to feedback, nor great communicators need not apply. You are meant for this role if you are a kind, solid team player with a strong interest in and appreciation for jewelry and aesthetics.
Ultimately, we are looking for someone who has a talent for inspiring people to have fun, for delighting people, and who is wholeheartedly enthusiastic about growing with our business. If this is you, we are excited to meet you!
- Maintain a new CRM system
- Stay connected with current accounts and keep them updated on all CMD news and events
- Steward existing and lapsed accounts to place orders
- Collect feedback from current accounts
- Collect payment from A/R
- Maintain all current and lapsed accounts
- Find and develop new accounts
- Generate, follow up, and accommodate new potential customers
- Create a portable sales presentation to show potential and/or existing accounts our newest products
- Support and work trade show booths, including pre-show marketing, set-up, sales, and break-down
- Set-up and attend trunk shows
- Able to work Monday–Friday plus occasional nights and weekends during the trade shows and other events
- Some travel around the US for trade shows, trunk shows, and to meet with potential customers
- 1+ years of experience building and/or managing a CRM system
- Excellent communication skills, including both written and verbal skills
- Excellent interpersonal one-on-one, team, and partnership skills
- Excellent relationship builder
- Excellent project and systems management skills
- Pays attention to detail and have excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Seeks out feedback and is excited about self-growth and improvement within the context of the job
- Resourceful problem-solver and strong ability to resolve or smooth issues in the moment
- 1+ years of sales or marketing experience in a jewelry store
- 1+ years of retail sales experience
- 1+ years marketing experience, including strategically using current social media platforms
- Trade Show experience
- PR experience
Proficient at Mac OS
Classification & Compensation
This is a regular, hourly part-time position (20-30 hours/week)
General supervision provided by owner
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- lift 40 lbs
How to apply
Email your résumé and a cover letter to email@example.com and put “CMD Sales Manager Applicant” in the subject line of your email. Please, no unsolicited calls or walk-ins; applications submitted without a resume or personalized cover letter will not be reviewed.
We thank you for your interest in a career with Colleen Mauer Designs. Due to high volume, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.