The Colleen Mauer Designs Retail Showroom Manager is a warm and welcoming showroom hostess or host–an expert at building no-pressure, comfortable experiences and relationships.
In addition to being the first face that customers see, the Retail Showroom Manager is also the project guru who organizes all company events, and who contributes to keeping our San Francisco space tidy, organized, and enjoyable.
We are looking for an individual who will create a connection with each person who walks in the door, and who is passionate about the natural, classic beauty we all possess. This person loves the excitement of events, variety, business building, and being an influence on a growing team.
This person is an ever-grounded, flexible doer who takes pride in keeping our environment looking beautiful; a detail-oriented self-starter who can balance multi-tasking with following through. We are looking for an individual who enjoys a dynamic work environment where projects and responsibilities change day to day.
About us: Colleen Mauer Designs is a small jewelry design company founded in 2001 by industrial designer Colleen Mauer. Each piece in the CMD collection is handcrafted with special care by a team of production artists in San Francisco and upstate New York.
Our collections are sold throughout the United States and abroad, and because our clients have varied styles, we pride ourselves on creating jewelry that can be appreciated by all walks of life. To support that, we take special care to create a working team of exceptionally creative, caring, hard working people who are committed to impeccable service.
We are growing by leaps and bounds so a career at CMD is an opportunity to make a meaningful impact, to learn, and to take pride in your contributions.
As our Retail Showroom Manager, you do not need to know about jewelry production before you start, but you need to be a quick learner, able to jump in and become well-versed in our design process, and to be enthusiastic about sharing that information and our story with our clients.
People who are not outgoing, not flexible, not open to feedback, nor great communicators need not apply. You are meant for this role if you are a kind, solid team player with a strong interest in and appreciation for jewelry and aesthetics.
Ultimately, we are looking for someone who has a talent for inspiring people to have fun, dotting I’s and crossing T’s, delighting people, and who is wholeheartedly enthusiastic about growing with our business. If this is you, we are excited to meet you!
– Greet and engage with every customer
– Help customers make jewelry choices they will enjoy
– Take ownership of CMD events, coordinating preparation for trade, retail, trunk shows and showroom events
– Open and close the showroom
– Track and order showroom materials and back stock
– Identifying areas in need of improvement and implement systems to improve company productivity
– Administrative projects
– Oversee keeping the space clean and organized
– Maintain inventory by cleaning and keeping displays well stocked and visually beautiful
– Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, both one-on-one and team
– Excellent relationship builder
– Resourceful problem-solver and strong ability to resolve or smooth issues in the moment
– Pays strong attention to detail, has excellent organizational skills, is a systems thinker, and is a skilled to multitasker
– Seeks out feedback and is excited about self-growth and improvement within the context of the job
– 1+ years of retail sales or other sales experience
– Experience working in a jewelry store
– Proficient with Mac OS and Google Drive
Classification & Compensation
– This is a regular, hourly full-time position; Tuesday through Saturday
– Commuter benefits
– Health benefits
– Bonus structure, including jewelry perks 🙂
General supervision provided by owner
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
– lift 45 lbs
– move freely around the showroom
How to apply
Email your résumé and a cover letter to email@example.com and put “Retail Showroom Manager Applicant” in the subject line of your email. Please, no unsolicited calls or walk-ins; applications submitted without a resume or personalized cover letter will not be reviewed.
We thank you for your interest in a career with Colleen Mauer Designs. Due to high volume, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Colleen Mauer Designs is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.